Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Offer



It happened. After a wonderful summer working for an amazing law firm out here in Delaware, Phillip was taken out to lunch by the hiring partners of Ashby & Geddes and offered a permanent position as a full-time associate at their law firm. We have been hoping and praying for this offer all summer (actually... we have been hoping and praying for an offer like this for years). The firm has been greatly impressed with Phillip all summer and though all signs pointed to him getting an offer for next year, the news still sent me into shock. All Phillip had to say was, "Robin, I'm going to be a corporate lawyer!" and I immediately started to cry. In all the time I have known Phillip he has always wanted to be a corporate attorney. I have watched him work so hard and so long for this goal. There were times when he wondered if it would happen and when. Yet here we finally are... reaching that goal! I can't believe it. I couldn't be more proud.

Mixed with those proud tears, however, are the tears of a frightened wife who will now be asked to leave the home that she loves so much in the west and move out to the east on a permanent basis. I'm not going to pretend like this is going to be easy on me. However, life's never perfect and it's not supposed to be. This job is amazing, the firm is amazing, there will be some family out here with us, and we are so, so, so, so blessed!!
(Phillip right after receiving his offer- his excitement is contagious!)

7 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations you guys! Robin that's so exciting! When will you be moving?

Kelsey Romph said...

Congratulations Robin and Phillip!!!

Halie said...

Congrats! Moving IS hard. Saying goodbye to the mountains IS hard. You may not have to do that, but it will be worth it all in the end.

Katie said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys! We have been thinking about you both and we are happy all is well! When are you coming back to Utah?

The Silva Family said...

Wahoo way to go! That is such exciting news! ...However im quite sad you will be moving so very far away...

Sarah Ewell said...

Congrats you guys! I can't just say Phillip, both of you have worked hard and sacrificed to get here. Congratulations!

Felicia said...

Yea! So exciting for you {three}. Can't wait to see you both in a few days.