Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Final Countdown

I am finally getting around to updating my blog one final time before baby comes. Life has been crazy around our home and while a lot of it has to do with preparing for our little girl, I still can't believe she is coming so soon! I am scheduled to be induced next Tuesday, September 27th (the day after my birthday- so fun!!) The doctors are anxious to get baby girl here safely and since my body is ready to go they are wanting to induce 1 week earlier than my due date- and I'm definitely not complaining! I can't wait to finally meet my little girl! I am definitely feeling some shock at the idea that I am finally going to be able to take home a baby to raise. Getting a child has been such a long road for us and I can't believe I get to meet our new angel in less than a week! I am emotional, anxious, excited, nervous, and about 100 other emotions that I can't even describe.

As far as my life goes lately, I have been filling my time making things for family, friends, and of course our little girl. Some of the things I made ended up just how I imagined, and others are eh... ok I guess. Here is a little snippet of some things I have been making:

Cross-stitch Salt Lake Temple for some friends in Delaware (they let us live in their house for the summer)

Birthday table runner and bow ties for sister-in-law Maryn and nephew Seth's birthdays

Scarves for Becky and Mom for their birthdays

Baby quilt for our little girl

Car seat cover and nursing cover

Bow holder for all of Girly's little bows and baby bumper for crib

Here is what her nursery currently looks like. I still need to add some more things on the walls so it isn't quite finished but you get a general idea (and yes... we have definitely embraced pink in our house)

View of other wall with changing table (and cute new coat rack in hallway for her little coats)


Here are some other random pictures depicting what has been happening over the last little while:

Trip to Gettysburg

Trip to Boston

Fun at the Delaware beach

Wedding of beautiful friend Jessica

Risenmay Reunion (Dad's side of family)

Fagergren Reunion (Mom's side of family)

Me at 36 and 38 weeks


Also, our amazingly talented friend Kristal took some maternity pictures of us the other day. I will always love looking back on this pregnancy and remembering all of the miracles along the way that have brought this little girl into our family.




We are feeling very blessed and ready for this new addition in our lives. Thanks for all your love and support through the journey!

8 comments:

Halsey said...

Ten points for all the pink :) And thank you for not having naked belly pictures. We are in Utah now, so we should get together! I am also looking to build a studio, and I remember you did that a few years back, so I would love some tips!

Halie said...

You look so great! I am so happy for you. I miss you guys so much. I wish I could be there to make you food or something.

Kristi said...

Yay! I'm so eccited for you guys! That bedroom is so cute. You are going to be an amazing Mom to this little girl! Congrats to you and Phil!

janemensel said...

Wow Robin, you have been busy creating!!! What a talented, wonderful girl you are. Only 5 more days!!!!!

Kristal said...

Dang, way to be productive, that stuff is all adorable! We are super excited for you guys!

Alison said...

Beautiful! You're so talented making all those wonderful gifts. Don't forget to make things for you too! :) Good luck! You'll be a wonderful mom to your little girl. She's very lucky.

Felicia said...

Okay, obviously haven't talked to you in far too long. That's only 4 days away! I am so stinking excited. Everything looks adorable. And your maternity shots are priceless. You look gorgeous. You will love those forever. Ahhh! I can't wait to meet her....can't imagine how you are feeling!

Becky said...

You are amazing! What a darling nursery! We can't wait to meet that little angel.