Wednesday, June 23, 2010

AUSTRALIA

We are back from our trip to Australia! It was such an amazing adventure that I have actually been dreading this post. How do you put into pictures and words such an incredible experience!? We filled our days full of so much fun and took over 1,000 pictures! This post, though long, is such a small part of our amazing experience. I will forever be grateful that we had this adventure of a lifetime!!

To start... this is where Phillip worked for the month of May. He was in the large AMP tower right next to Sydney Harbor:

His office was on the 28th floor and it overlooked the beautiful harbor. Here are some pictures from his office window:

Phillip stayed with the most amazing family while he was there. They were so sweet and gave us both such a great taste of Australia! Phillip loved his externship and the experience he had there.

I arrived out there on May 30th- Phillip's 26th birthday! We were so excited to be together after 3 long weeks of living apart. We immedietly began filling our days with tons of fun. Here we are on the train- our main way of getting around while we were in Sydney:
We were amazed how much there was to see just walking around the city of Sydney. This was one of the many cool buildings that we visited- the Queen Victoria Building. It had a shopping mall inside that was way cooler than any mall I have ever been to:


The Sydney tower is the tallest point in Sydney. It towered over the other giant buildings. We were able to go to the top and see the beautiful upper view of Sydney:

Beaches are a main attraction in Sydney. We were able to visit two famous beaches- Manly Beach (1st picture) and Bondi beach (other 3 pictures). They were so breathtaking. It was fun to see all of the amazing surfers that were determined to ride the waves, even though it is winter out there:


The sweet Murrin Family took us on an all-day drive down the southern coast of Australia. We saw so many beautiful sights that day. Here are a few:

Visiting the Sydney Temple was one of my favorite things that we did. Being so far away from home, it was nice to see a structure that looked so familiar. It did, however, have a blue roof!:

The rain was a constant companion to us on our trip. We were only able to escape it for about 2 of the days that we were there. Our dollar store umbrella did not hold up very long:

We visited the largest IMAX theatre in the world while we were there! It was fun and a great way to get out of the rain. We watched a fun surfer movie in 3D:

Of course we had to see the many animals of Australia while we were there. We visited both the Wild Life Park and the Aquarium. We saw so many cool animals- dingos, kangaroos, wombats, snakes, spiders, crocks, turtles, koalas, bandicoots, kookaburas, emus, echindas, lizards, tons of fish, and a giant shark tank!- just to name a few:



And we can't forget the food! We ate so many new and interesting things! Among our favorites were fish and chips, meat pies, and kebabs!:


And in case you haven't had enough, here are a few more photos of our adventures:








This trip couldn't have come at a better time of our lives. It was so nice to leave every care and worry behind and be able to spend time togeher as husband and wife, enjoying the beautiful earth that has been created just for us to enjoy! We know trips like this only come once in a life time and we will never forget how blessed we are to have had this amazing adventure.
(don't forget to check out my other new post about my cute family!)

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! What a fun adventure! What a beautiful place!

Scott Ostermiller said...

So jealous! That must have been so exciting! That will be such a wonderful memory for your guys to share - can't wait to hear more about it! =)
-Jennie

Rachel said...

Lots of fun pictures... but we are glad to have you back!

Joe and Annie said...

I love your pictures! It looks like you two had a fabulous time!

Tim, Niccole, and Neva said...

I.AM.SO.JEALOUS. I've always wanted to go to Australia! I guess I can just experience it through you, right??! It looks like you guys had too much fun! My mouth was seriously drooling when I saw all the pictures of the fish and chips! Girrrrrrl I hope you brought some back for me! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time!

Brian and Kim said...

Wowsers!!! What a great trip, great pics and amazing memories.

Halie said...

This looks like the funnest trip ever!

Felicia said...

How fun are you two? I'm so happy to hear you had such a great time.

Starr said...

holy crap it looks amazing. ty and i have a picture from our honeymoon with imax glasses just like yours. so much fun!

Halsey said...

Pretty sure the keyboard is covered with drool right now. I've wanted to go to Australia since we studied it in the first grade. So cool!

Kristi said...

Holy cow! That is amazing! Looks like a great trip and it sounds like you guys enjoyed every minute of it. Amazing!