Simply put, it is way to easy to get discouraged in this life. There are too many situations that tempt us to get down on ourselves and the way our life is going. It is easy to feel all alone in a trial and think that no one could possible understand exactly how I feel. If I allow myself to dwell on the hard aspects of my life, I find it is way too easy to start feeling discouraged. I then start to doubt my abilitiy to make it through some of life's many challenges. It is times like these when I am grateful for moments like I had the other day - a moment when I sat down at my computer and watched the following video. It was a moment when an apostle of God told me specifically and directly to just keep trying and not give up- life is too sweet to not enjoy. This message from Elder Holland has had such an impact on my life. The story he tells may seem simple, but the message is so profound. I know it is true, and I share it now with you so that maybe you can have the same defining moment that I have had.
I love this video, and I know you will too:
"Some blessings come soon, some come late... But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."
There are good times ahead for me. I know that. I will not give up. I will not be discouraged. I am so blessed.
Fifteen
7 months ago



7 comments:
I love you, Robin! That was a great message. Life IS good! We can do it.
I love you sweetie--you are the wind beneath my wings!!!! Mom
Robin, you are the best!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful message! I love Elder Holland! and I love you!!!
Very sweet message...thanks for posting. Hang in there... love you!
It makes me happy to see you are visiting my blog on vacation! At least I think it is you. I miss you!
Thanks for sharing this great mesasge. It really touched my heart. I also know that great things are ahead, and I love you!
You are a love. Thank you for sharing that video.
Post a Comment