It's true! I have officially been offered my first job as a middle school orchestra teacher! I will be teaching 30-40 6th graders who have never touched an instrument in their lives how to play the violin, viola, and cello. I am SO excited and nervous at the same time, and my first class is on MONDAY. I can't believe that I am qualified enough to be an actual teacher! Wow diplomas are amazing!




7 comments:
wow, I am suprised you can teach orchestra without a teaching certificate, I guess you are more qualified than most of those people anyways! thats cool!
It's at the middle school with 6th grade students, but it's not during school. It's right after as an extra-curricular activity. So they said I didn't need a certificate.
Robin, that is amazing! Good luck to you, but I know you can do it!
Congrats! Good luck with middle schoolers. You'll be great!
Where are you working?
Mon and Wed I'm at Sandcreek Middle School and Tues and Thurs I'm at Rocky Mountain Middle School. Both are in Idaho Falls.
Barry went to Rocky Mountain Middle school. They came over to the elementary school I'm working at this semester (Discovery Elementary) and recruited a bunch of 6th graders. So cool!
Post a Comment