Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Major family update

It's been awhile since our last blog, so here is a little bit of what has been going on in the Sumpter family:



1. We're having a baby!!! This is probably not a shock to most of you, but we are VERY excited to be expecting our first baby on June 30! I am now 13 weeks along and doing very well. I had a rocky couple of weeks at first with bad morning sickness, but now I am so happy to be feeling great with a healthy baby inside!



2. We are moving to Connecticut! As we have mentioned before, Phillip has loved his insurance consulting job in Rexburg that he has been working at for almost a year now. As an added bonus, he was offered a position with the firm in Connecticut for the next couple of months. It is a great opportunity in which the company will pay for a furnished apartment and groceries. Phillip is really excited for the opportunity, and I am excited to enjoy the east coast for a little bit. We are leaving around January 5th in our trusty jeep and driving across the country. We are planning on stopping along the way in places like Nauvoo, and of course Delaware to visit Phillip's family. It is going to be so fun to be closer to them! (only about 4 1/2 hours away!) I will move back to Utah in May, and Phillip will come back in June. The entire journey will be such a fun adventure for us!



3. Phillip is on his way to law school! After deciding to wait a year before going to law school, we are very excited to be applying again for law schools across the country. At the beginning of December, Phillip took the LSAT again and did awesome! He scored a 161 (85 percentile)! We have already applied to BYU (our #1 pick) and are now trying to decide where else we would like to apply. He will start in the fall.



We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and hope you enjoy the new year! We will be sure to keep you updated on all of our adventures! (pictures will also be added later)

3 comments:

Tim, Niccole, and Neva said...

Yay! finally an update!! I am so glad you are over the morning sickness mess and that your baby is doing great! Congratulations Phillip! That is so awesome that you got a 161 on the LSAT!! All of your hard work and dedication has definitely paid off. Good luck you two in Provo! We miss you guys and can't wait for a visit! Robs we need to talk SOON ;) Love you!
p.s. I want to see pictures of your growing belly!!!!

Kristi said...

Holy cow! You need to update more often! Congrats on the baby and the job! Good luck with all of the traveling. Make sure to post pictures of what is going on!

Halsey said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! Those are some super fun and exciting changes. Robin I would LOVE to hear about the job details in IF. Give me a call 435.512.1483 And CONGRATS again!