Monday, August 25, 2008

Hoopla! (a new sport invented by the Sumpter family)

Equipment Needed:
1 badminton net
2 or more "hooplet hammers" (badminton racquets)
1 or more "hooplets" (glow-in-the-dark stick connected at the ends to form a circle)
1 package of glow-in-the-dark sticks

Set up:
1. set up badminton net in an open area
2. wait until dark
3. crack several glow-in-the-dark sticks and weave them into the top netting of the badminton, illuminating the top of the net
4. decorate your hooplet hammers by weaving cracked glow-in-the-dark sticks into the strings of the hammer (suggestion: do not weave sticks in the center of the hammer as it may impede your ablity to hit the hooplet)

To play:
Divide into equal teams and hit the hooplet over the net to the opposing team with your hooplet hammer (suggestion: the lighter you hit the hooplet the better as hooplets have a tendancy to fly very far distances)

~ Phillip and Matthew strumming on their hooplet hammers as they wait for it to get dark~

2 comments:

Kristal said...

sounds like craziness! if you click on my name, it will take you to my blog!

Halsey said...

Robin! So fun to hear from you on my blog. Congrats on graduating. What are you up to now? e-mail me at halseyann(at)gmail(dot)com. OH! I found your i-card in my wallet the other day! I think the lady at the ticket office gave it to me to give to you because I said I knew you and I JUST found it! SORRY! It's good to be in touch again. And thanks for the sympathy!