First, my birthday was yesterday. Yay for being 24! (that's not old... right?) When I was young I hated it when my birthday was on a Sunday. Believe it or not, that was the one day a year when I liked going to school because everyone could know and celebrate my birthday with me. However, now that I'm older, I find that I LOVE having my birthday on a Sunday. I was able to be surrounded by my family and Phillip didn't have to do law school work. Perfect! We spent most of the day in Salt Lake with my family. As we drove home to Provo I was happy and satisfied with my day. Little did I know that my sweet husband had planned a big surprise party waiting for me in our apartment when we got home! 33 people ended up cramming themselves into our apartment to celebrate my birthday. Completely embarassing? YES. Completely in love with my husband for surrounding me with people that I love on my birthday? YES!! It was... perfect.
Today I am overwhelmed with the love that I felt yesterday from friends, family, and my husband who I adore. Thanks everyone for such a great day!!
There is one more piece of happy news to share with you all today. Drum roll please...
Phillip got a hired by an amazing firm for a summer associate position next summer!!
In this current economy, we know just what a big blessing this is. The firm that Phillip will be working with (Ashby & Geddes) sounds amazing. They don't kill you off with tons of work like the other firms he was considering but they still pay well. They only hire 1 to 2 summer associates a year because unless you bomb your summer with them, they plan on hiring you after law school as a permanent employee. Seems like a dream come true, right?
So are ya ready for the clencher?..........
The law firm is in Delaware.

Far away from so many people that I love, but full of opportunites. So, east coast... here we come...



8 comments:
Congrats Robin and Phill!! I'm so happy for you guys, but sad you'll be so far away on the east coast:( But what a HUGE blessing for you guys in this crappy economy!! Kyle told us how bad it has gotten for law students coming right out of school, so I'm sure you must feel so relieved. I miss you soooo much Robin and think about you practically every day. We want to make a trip up there and see you guys before we take off to grad school, wherever that may be:) I'm glad your birthday was awesome. Love you girl!
you blogged about it! Does that mean you're committed Robin?
Looks like you had a lot of fun on your birthday, and you deserve it lady!
We had so much fun at your surprise party! You're such a great family! Congratulations on phillip's job! We are so happy for you guys!
Wow that's so exciting!
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!
Looks like you had a great one.
Congrats Phil!
East coast, exciting.
Happy birthday! I'm glad that Phil was able to pull off yet another great day for you. You guys are so good together! And congrats to Phil! That is awesome! Heavens knows you guys deserve it!
Happy birthday and congratulations! That is so exciting! Hope you guys are doing well!
Congratulations on a Happy Birthday and a great job opportunity! You and Phillip are great examples to us of hard work and sacrifice; we really look up to you. We know you both will do great things in the future.
Happy Birthday once again! Thank you Phillip for putting on such a fun party. We are so excited about your summer associate news and would love to be heading out there with you. :)
Post a Comment