Monday, April 5, 2010

Learning to Sew

Remember my post awhile ago when I said that I wanted to learn to create? Well, I haven't created something every day, but I have been doing some fun projects lately. First, since I am soon going to be the aunt of three little ones, I have been busy making baby stuff for the growing fam. I made some onesie dresses for future little girls and burp clothes for future little boys:

First I made this little onesie dress for my niece Elisabeth out of a plain white onesie:

Here are all the onesie dresses that I ended up making:


For Ben and Maryn's little boy on the way I made these burp clothes:

I am now going to make something for my little nephew Peter.

In addition to baby stuff I decided that I wanted to make my front room lighter. Since we have no overhead light in our front room, I have always felt like we are living in a dungeon. So I put away the dark pillows and dark curtain and made some new lighter pillows and sheer curtains to replace them. Yay! It was a lot of fun and now I feel more ready for summer.

Before:


After:


Now if only the weather would be ready for summer as well. Current condition: snowing

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Everything looks so nice! Well done! Its amazing how just a few small changes can make such a differenc!

Katie said...

Wow, your curtains look good! I would be a fan of you fixing the weather. Snow is great in December and January. It is okay in Febuary. Not as okay in March. In April, it makes me pretty sad. Where are the pretty flowers? Hiding. From the snow. :(

The Silva Family said...

Darling Robs! You're amazing, you should teach me!

janemensel said...

Wow the living room looks amazing--so light and springy!! You are a great seamstress already--with lucky nephews and niece!! Love you sweetie

Joe and Annie said...

I love seeing what you have been up to lately. Thanks for sharing! So Cute!

Becky said...

Wow Robs! Your creativity amazes me! I wish that I had inherited a little bit of that!!

Brian and Kim said...

Very cute!! Your cute pillows make wish for spring even more and your cute onesie dresses are to die for. Great job, now come help me make dresses for Dave's wedding:)

Tim, Niccole, and Neva said...

Ahhhh! I love the onsies!!! Now you need to come teach me how to do all of that! I have been wanting new window treatments for our new place so bad. I just don't have a clue on what looks good and how to make them, etc. You need to make a trip out to Rexburg! I miss you!

Starr said...

are you kidding me about those onsies! So cute.